World Lung Foundation- South Asia (WLF-SA) was formed in Feb, 2005 is an International NGO.
WLF-SA’s major aims & objectives include:
- The areas of public health ranging from Cardio-Vascular disease control and prevention to road safety to Environmental health to Civil registration and Vital statistics.
- All Public health related activities and the scope of the work cover Comprehensive Public Health Services.
- Collaboration of working together with Vital Strategies and other organizations working to promote Public health in India and other South Asian countries
- To support technical and financial activities/ programmes of The Union/WHO/other national or international organizations/governments in the field of lung health with special emphasis on:
- Development/implementation of public health programs, research and teaching
- Training programme related to tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, asthma, acute respiratory infections, tobacco prevention and control or any other lung disease or any other area of public health importance